Saturday, March 24, 2012

Too many to count...



If I never see another phone book or TV Guide in my life, I'll be a happy girl. I understand that this is what my uncle Kim's favorite thing to read was...but oh my gosh. Ryan I decided to help dad out and devote a Saturday to cleaning out part of Grandpa's house again...we picked Kim's room. I have never in my entire life seen so many TV Guides. They were everywhere...some as old as I am. I could have found one for my birthday month if I wanted and seen what great 80's shows were playing that night. And the phone books....from EVERYWHERE...as old as the 1950's. And while it still amazes me that Kim could tell you the address and phone number of anyone in any of those books, I also got a glimpse into the life he lead that I never knew. The hours upon hours of reading tv guides, phone books and the countless books in his room. Again...I wish my family now had known him a little better...so I will strive to keep the memory alive, however, the tv guides have got to go!

No comments:

Post a Comment